Delight in Truth predicts that 2014 will bring worsening of morality in the following areas:
- Pope Francis and the Catholic Church will encourage gay marriage by continuing to declare equality of love in homosexual relationships.
- More US States will legalize gay marriage
- Marijuana and perhaps other drugs of abuse may become legal in more States
- There will be more Phil Robertsons, conservatives who dare to speak out against the progressive agenda; they will be labeled as bigots, retards, and threatened in various ways
- There will be a push to normalize and perhaps decriminalize pedophilia (sexual relations between adults and children). The American Psychiatry Association will be a key player in the issue.
- Polygamy will continue to gain popularity and legal status in multiple US States
- Children will become exposed to pornography at younger ages, and will erroneously learn that those videos represent true intimacy
- The Evangelical Church will become more compromised on moral grounds; scandal, divorce, gay marriage, ordination of gay ministers
- The true Body of Christ will be squeezed from multiple angles on these issues and threatened with loss of tax-free status, or other more severe legal recourse
- Hate-speech legislation will be introduced in certain legislatures; hate-speech is a code term for preaching the truths found in Romans 1 and 1 Corinthians 6 about sexual deviancy
- Abortionists will fight any regulation of abortion at the federal or state level
- Other states will follow California in allowing boys to use the girls locker rooms and bathrooms if their gender identity so dictates
Dear readers, do not be dismayed when these things come to pass. These events must occur as the moral fiber of society breaks down. Other societies experienced some of the same types of decay before they collapsed.
But more so now, as we head toward global unity and the preparation for the one who will provide the solution for an upcoming political and economic crisis. These events prepare the way for the anti-Christ or the Son of Perdition, the one who will appear as a savior but will ultimately set up the Abomination of Desolation mentioned by the prophet Daniel and referenced by Jesus.
The Bible tells us that in the end-times morality will break down and people will become more evil.
This accelerated course evident in the last few years will intensify in 2014.
And it must be so because the Word of God told us so.
1But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. 2For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, 4treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. (2 Tim 1-5)
12Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, 13while evil people and impostors will go on from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived (2 Tim 12)
Photograph: Alessandro Bianchi/Reuters