Delight in Truth predicts that 2014 will bring worsening of morality in the following areas:
- Pope Francis and the Catholic Church will encourage gay marriage by continuing to declare equality of love in homosexual relationships.
- More US States will legalize gay marriage
- Marijuana and perhaps other drugs of abuse may become legal in more States
- There will be more Phil Robertsons, conservatives who dare to speak out against the progressive agenda; they will be labeled as bigots, retards, and threatened in various ways
- There will be a push to normalize and perhaps decriminalize pedophilia (sexual relations between adults and children). The American Psychiatry Association will be a key player in the issue.
- Polygamy will continue to gain popularity and legal status in multiple US States
- Children will become exposed to pornography at younger ages, and will erroneously learn that those videos represent true intimacy
- The Evangelical Church will become more compromised on moral grounds; scandal, divorce, gay marriage, ordination of gay ministers
- The true Body of Christ will be squeezed from multiple angles on these issues and threatened with loss of tax-free status, or other more severe legal recourse
- Hate-speech legislation will be introduced in certain legislatures; hate-speech is a code term for preaching the truths found in Romans 1 and 1 Corinthians 6 about sexual deviancy
- Abortionists will fight any regulation of abortion at the federal or state level
- Other states will follow California in allowing boys to use the girls locker rooms and bathrooms if their gender identity so dictates
Dear readers, do not be dismayed when these things come to pass. These events must occur as the moral fiber of society breaks down. Other societies experienced some of the same types of decay before they collapsed.
But more so now, as we head toward global unity and the preparation for the one who will provide the solution for an upcoming political and economic crisis. These events prepare the way for the anti-Christ or the Son of Perdition, the one who will appear as a savior but will ultimately set up the Abomination of Desolation mentioned by the prophet Daniel and referenced by Jesus.
The Bible tells us that in the end-times morality will break down and people will become more evil.
This accelerated course evident in the last few years will intensify in 2014.
And it must be so because the Word of God told us so.
1But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. 2For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, 4treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. (2 Tim 1-5)
12Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, 13while evil people and impostors will go on from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived (2 Tim 12)
Photograph: Alessandro Bianchi/Reuters
I consider this a very timely message. Some may find it a bit negative. It is a clear message as to where we are where we are headed. Far too many Christians have their heads buried in a bowl of milk.
Hebrews 5:13-For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe. 14. But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
My own camp is squimish toward what I wrote above… 🙂
First, I want to thank you for your blog, Delight. We must continue to share the truth even though, as you have noted, there will be unfavorable consequences. I have found you to be brave and insightful when dealing with the issues of the day. Press on my friend.
Second, I know you are not a prophet, but I couldn’t have come up with a better list. I heard on the news, as I walked in the door this evening, that at midnight recreational marijuana will become legal in Colorado. Restrictions were mentioned but so were the profits. The state is charging up to 25% in taxes on it. This will certainly lead to your third point above.
I have watched us fall so far so fast in my short lifetime when it comes to morality. Nothing in your list above shocks me; a very sad thing.
In Matthew 24 Jesus said: “7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and in various places there will be famines and earthquakes. 8 But all these things are merely the beginning of birth pangs.”
I think along with friends of mine that we may very well be at the beginning of this period. The verses you have shared should make us aware of what is ahead.
God will not be mocked and people will reap what they have sown.
In spite of all that we see around us, may God bless you and your family in the coming year. It has been a pleasure getting to know a bit about you and yours this year. I look forward to our online fellowship in the future.
Thank you Chris, for your blogging friendship during 2013. We now wait and see how eschatological history unfolds….
Pingback: MARIJUANA AND THE BIBLE | Wings of the Wind
ugh point 5 horrifies the daylights out of me! But I would not be surprised; things are coming quickly