Evangelist and Christian apologist Ray Comfort was asked the following question*:
“I think abortion is wrong, and terribly sad (for lack of better terms) and I would never have one. I also think that it’s not my place to tell other women what they can and can’t do with their babies and their bodies… I just think with abortion, it’s nobody’s business except the woman who will be having the procedure. Yes, it’s sad and there are usually other options. No, I would never have one. BUT, we’re talking about other women here. Does this make sense??” Emily Wells
Ray Comfort answered:
“I was pleased to see that you concluded with “Does this make sense?”
To answer your question:
“I think the killing of Jews is wrong and terribly sad (for lack of a better term), and I would never kill one myself. But I think it’s not my place to tell people what they can and can’t do with Jewish families. I just think with Jew-killing, it’s nobody’s business except the person who will be doing the killing. Yes, it’s sad and there are usually other options. No, I would never kill one. BUT, we’re talking about other people here. Does that make sense?””
Progressive type will quickly jump to say that personhood rights do not apply to unborn babies like they apply to a Jewish person. They will say that the unborn is not a person.
Really? Why then do unborn babies display life at its fullest and qualities of personhood?
Did you know that the unborn baby…
- has a beating heart at week 6?
- starts spontaneous movements at weeks 7-9?
Did you know that later in pregnancy the unborn babies…
- like to stretch
- suck their thumb
- play with their hands and feet
- play with the umbilical cord, even wrap it around themselves (not fun for the delivery team)
- exercise their breathing
- go to sleep, wake up, listen to their mom’s voice and other voices and music in the environment
- drink amniotic fluid
Did you also know that during an abortion procedure the baby…
- attempts to withdraw from the suction cannula and the forceps of the abortionist
- opens her mouth and screams a silent scream as her limbs are torn from her body
Did you know that abortion is the taking of life?
Does THAT make sense?